Lavender water can be used in a variety of ways around the house. Some of its uses include:
- When doing the laundry, add some lavender water to the rinse cycle. Your clothing will have a light lavender scent. You can also use it on your bedding when you want to give them a pick me upper.
- Use when ironing, spritz a bit of the lavender water on the items being ironed. Will add a nice lavender scent to the garment.
- Use it as a room freshener—place it in a spray bottle and then spritz it around the house.
- Lavender water can also be used as a beauty aid, try it as a skin freshener on hot summer days, a hair rinse, splash in the bath or dab around temples for headache relief.
- Insect repellent, try it for mosquito repellent or on an insect bite. Lavender deters flies and other insects as well.
- It can also be used as a pet wash–helps to keep your pet flea free.
- Use it as an antiseptic.
- Use on plants to keep insects from eating them.
- Use to clean face of cosmetic makeup.
- Use in dryer on a cloth and give your clothing a beautiful fragrance.
Whether you want to freshen your home, laundry or repel insects you want to make a batch of lavender water. Here is a simple recipe for you to try.
Lavender Water Recipe
- Fill the glass jar with lavender and cover completely with vodka. Seal jar.
- Place the jar in a sunny location for about 18 days, rotate and shake the jar each day–morning and night.
- After 18 days, strain the lavender from the vodka and seal the liquid in a clean glass jar.
- Use as needed.
2 cups water (distilled)
3 TBS vodka
15 drops Lavender essential oil
- Mix the essential oil and vodka together then add water. Seal in a jar or bottle, keep in a dark place for 2 weeks before using.
Please let us know if you enjoyed the recipes!
If you want to learn more about lavender click here.
If you want to learn more about essential oils or order lavender oil visit Young Living Essential Oils. Please note lavender essential oil should not be taken internally–but can be used for personal care, aromatherapy and household cleaning among other things.