I wanted to share with you a wonderful recipe for Zucchini Bread. I tried it with minor substitutions and it came out wonderfully! The bread came out moist and light and it was a delight to my family. This was my first bread and it has encouraged me to try to make more in the future.
If you are not normally a bread maker… you may want to try this recipe from All Recipes.
Try it my way
You can substitute agave 1 1/2 cups for the sugar. Use self-raising flour and omit the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. You can also use pecans instead of walnuts. Or you can use the original recipe as given at www.allrecipes.com.
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then mix in oil and sugar.
- Stir in zucchini and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.
Feel free to heat bake the bread at 300 degrees. To make sure that it is done dip a knife or a skewer into the middle to make sure it is fully baked.